June 3, 2007

Dreaming and Planning

I've been a dreamworld as of late. My friend and I have decided that we will be taking a trip to Europe. It won't be until November 2008, but the planning is well under way. I love to plan, so it's consuming every waking minute that I can spare right now!

We will have the perfect travel guides, as my Brother and Sister in law live in Italy! We will tour parts of Italy, visiting Venice, Florence, Pisa, and Rome to name a few Italian stops. Then we will travel to Slovenia, Austria, Germany and Switzerland.

This is such a dream come true! My goal will be to collect yarn and other crafting goodies throughout those countries. If anyone has any advice on this, let me know your tips!!

Oh, this is a photo of Neuschwanstein Castle in Germany which we'll be visiting.

5 comments:

Ticia said...

That sounds just awesome! I am also a planner so I understand exactly what you mean. I hope your trip turns out awesome!

Paula said...

Oh how fun. DH and I are going to Italy in September. I'm also on the lookout for crafty things. You are lucky to have family in Italy, you will get the "inside" perspective, not the touristy one.

I'm going to bookmark your blog; hopefully I will remember you when I get back.

You can always check out my little blog, I KNOW I'll be posting info about our trip there.

Ciao!

Anonymous said...

Mais ma chere Peggy. . . pourquoi pas la France? :)

I will have to live vicariously through you on this one. Europe is almost always fabulous, even without a side trip to France. Enjoy the planning! Rick Steves gives the best advice, and he has a knack for finding the best bed and breakfasts.

xoxoxox

Tanja said...

Sounds wonderful! I've been to Newschwanstein. The whole area is so beautiful. Tip: if you are going to walk up to the castle, be sure you are in good walking condition. It's steep, winding, and exhausting, but fun :).

Anonymous said...

You better go to Rome! It's one of my FAVORITES. :)