November 17, 2006

Gerbera, Gerbera, Gerbera...

Try saying that five times fast!!

I've been playing with watercolor crayons and loving them! Here are a couple of cards that I may use for a workshop. I used the Angel Company gerbera daisy stamp. Stamped with noire Palette ink - then used 2 compatible watercolor crayons on each flower. Two greens on the leaves as well. Use the darker of the 2 colors you choose on the shaded parts of your image, and always try to keep white areas when using any watercolor technique!
Also, using the Palette stamp pads are great because they are a hybrid ink - "blending the best of dye and pigment into one ink pad" - they will not bleed when using watercolors over them!
The blue card has bazzill papers - It's hard to see, but I used VersaMark on the background with the same gerbera daisy stamp. The orangish gerbera has a delicious background paper from the country cottage designer paper collection - TAC.
Have a great weekend!!!

3 comments:

Tammy W said...

Dear Peg,
I really enjoy reading your blog. It is one of the ones I have bookmarked. I appreciate your thorough directions and information. It makes it possible for others, like me, to try it out, too.

I enjoy stamping, but am caught up in the who Cricut cutter thing. You can see some of the stuff I make at needtocreate.blogspot.com.

Thanks - and keep on posting!
Tammy

AnneMarie said...

really like this stamp! wow what a great flower!

Michelle W. said...

Your watercoloring is beautiful. I bought this stamp a while back and have used it a few times. I love the navy card! Just beautiful!