December 7, 2007

An Update

OK, Just a quick update (excuse) for not keeping the blog updated!

Medical nonsense. Yep, the last couple of months it's all been about medical nonsense.
I've been having such fun medical procedures that I haven't had the energy to log on here and post. Excuses, excuses, right?

In a nutshell... I will be having surgery to repair my stomach and esophagus in a few weeks (waiting for the biopsies for those was excruciating - just found out yesterday that they were fine - no cancer there). WHEW!

Meanwhile I had my first mammogram, got a call back to have another and an ultrasound as well. 2 strange lymphs inside my left breast. The radiologist told me that I shouldn't worry about it, and that I was too young (35) etc. etc. etc. HA!!! I wanted to scream! Well, thank goodness my regular doctor felt as strongly as I about it. So I had an MRI 2 days ago. And what do you know, the found something even worse in the same breast!!! I will be seeing a surgeon for it soon, and will have it removed. We're hoping that if it is cancer, then we've caught it in time. With a Sister, Mother, Aunt that have had breast cancer, I wasn't about to let this slide.

So, is that enough of an excuse for neglecting the blog?? :)

Have a fabulous holiday season!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay I'm having trouble with my posts going through. I will keep you in my thougths and prayers and am glad you didn't let that slide, good for you!

Sarah said...

Sending you positive thoughts x

helen said...

Hello Peggy my sweet neice...Isen't it good that we learned to listen to our body not so much our doctor??This tells me to go for my mamogram as soon as possible, I missed last years..Bad girl huh??Well our family is very possitive and very tough and we know how to fight .. So keep on fighting and I will certainly have you in my prayers.. Your aunt Helen

Anonymous said...

Wishing you the best! Hugs from Angel Tami