December 28, 2007

End of a Year

Christmas was quiet this year. I had no desire to do any of my usual baking and candy making - but hunkered down and knitted to keep my mind as peaceful as I could. I made the family and my parents socks which they all opened christmas eve. It was a fun moment.

I've also had the huge honor to design the covers of the new Angel Company "Inspiration book & Catalog". I also did several of the pages inside. It was a great way to get through the medical hiccups that I've had this fall. Creativity calms the mind... So, here are the covers:







As far as a medical update... this mass in my breast will have to wait a few months and then I will have another MRI to assess any changes. The problem being that my breast tissue is so dense that this "thing" doesn't show up with mammograms or ultrasounds, and so getting a biopsy proves a problem. So, with the doctors assurance that if this a common cancer that it won't grow catastrophically in the next few months, I shall wait. I will focus on the esophagus/stomach surgery still scheduled for the 15th, and healing from that. It will surely be an interesting road ahead. Anyone up for going on a month-long liquid diet with me after the surgery?!?!?! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous layouts! Congratulations!

(Good luck on the surgery; I'll pray for a quick recovery!)

Mary Leeson said...

Love, love, love your artwork for our catalog! Thanks for the inspiration. Also, my prayers are with you for great healing wholeness~

Anonymous said...

Hiya doll!

You are an inspiration!! Liquid diet here we come!!!!

Love!

JJ

2 Worlds said...

Its pretty nice to discover your blog
this pages were awesome very inspiring to me.