January 30, 2007

Tea Time

I hosted a small tea gathering yesterday.

The Menu:
Assorted Teas
Scones
Assorted Preserves
English Clotted Cream
Devonshire Cream
Cucumber, Pecan, Egg, and BLT Tea Sandwiches (lol, I know, BLT's are not exactly traditional tea fare... but cut into miniature hearts... such fun!)
Butter Cookies
Mini Peach Tarts
Mini Blueberry Tarts
Mini Lemon Meringues
Mini Cream Puffs

One of the fun parts was opening presents. As this was a Birthday Tea, I asked all to bring a gift to exchange - preferably handmade. I was pleased that so many brought beautifully handmade gifts!




This is my dear friend that came and helped me with the preparations. We lost contact with each other for 20 years, and just re-united this winter. I am still amazed at how much we still have in common. Her help with the party was amazing. This is a photo of the handmade gift that she brought... she knitted these beautiful wool socks!! I am in awe!!

1 comment:

Tammy W said...

Peg,
Oh this looks like such fun - I wish I lived near you. Did you get those socks? WHat did you give? What are Pecan sandwiches? So many questions! What lucky ladies!
Tammy