January 21, 2008

Quick (liquidy) Update

First day that I've felt good enough to have a computer in bed with me (COMPUTER.. not commuter!!) :)

Finally feeling like somewhat of a person today. At noon today it had been a whole week since I've eaten. Whew... and it feels like it.Surgery went well. I'm pretty much pain free now, just sore - kicked in the ribs sort of sore.Amazing that there is a plethora of sweet drinkables, but finding it hard to find savories. Must be "pourable" with nothing "chunky" at all. I seem to be able to take in about 1/2 cup of anything at a time, then have to wait an hour or two before more.

Oh, nausea was a big worry for me before going in, and I am happy to say that it all stayed under control. I had a nausea patch that I put on the night before surgery, and the nausea meds post surgery work immediately - so only a few times were needed - but with no real "oh my goodness I'm going to puke" episodes. whew.

On one of my narcotic-induced days, I managed to knit up a fingerless glove... then lost all ability to knit for a couple of days... Off of all meds now and feeling like taking up the needles again. Thank you to everyone that has sent me cards!!! Even cards from people I don't even know!!! (thanks Char for your sneaky ways...) And beautiful flowers surrounding me. Ahh...Well, that just pooped me out.Signing off.....

No comments: