April 2, 2007

Fiber-liscous!

Spring break ended with a fabulous trip to a fiber fair! I picked up some scrumptious goodies. This is some lovely roving that I began spinning right away. It's just beautiful!













Next is a felted wool bag that I made while away on spring break.












And, I finished my first PAIR of socks!!! I started a toe-up sock (also from the "Socks Soar on Two Circular Needles", by Cat Bordhi), but lay it aside for a while. I think that I need to make another pair of top-down socks before attempting toe-up.








The last photo is of the silly deer that entertained us at my parents house. They come right into the yard to beg for apples! At one point there were 8 of them chasing each other and racing about all over the field, and in and out of the woods. They put on quite a show for us!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Wow, looks like you had a great time, those deer look amazing! And spinning! I would love to be able to do that, how lovely to spin your own yarn, what are you going to knit with it?