October 10, 2006

Birthday Fancies


Here is my latest project.
It was created with Basic Grey papers, various ribbons, and lettering done by my beloved Cricut. It was such a fun project for my dear friend's daughter who just turned 1. Happy Birthday Rachael!



And what might be in the pail? Well, with 3 of my son's help we made a nursery rhyme book - illustrations done by them. I used a Basic Grey matchbook kit, along with ribbons and tags. I used a technique of making my own rub-ons for the first time. I just love the possibilities of it. I used it on the little tags hanging from the book. If you haven't tried it, basically all that you do is print a mirror image onto clear acetate, wait a few minutes, and then rub it onto your paper.

Here are a couple of the pages from inside:

This one "Ring a Ring o' Roses" was illustrated by my 6 year old son.

And this one, "Hush Little Baby" was illustrated by my 8 year old son.

It was such a fun project. Now, on to designing my Christmas cards!!!









No comments: