December 18, 2006

Busy Festive Weekend

I started the weekend out having a candle lit dinner on Saturday night. It turned out beautifully. The photos just didn't do it justice. I wanted to get photos when it was dark, but by then I was running around too busy to think of it! I decorated the tables (seating for 24) with fresh greenery, bowls of caramel corn, almond brittle, nougat, cookies, and lots of candles. I also have a candle chandelier that was lit from above. With the candles burning and the Christmas tree lights on, the lighting was perfect! And who doesn't like edible center pieces!

The next day I decided to throw a surprise birthday party for my son - instead of waiting until the day before Christmas Eve to do it!! So, within 2 hours I had it all set up, including baking a cake and having everything ready! The cake is somewhat comical. He wanted a snowflake cake this year - and working with a fresh out of the oven cake was a nightmare!!! I iced what I could, then sprinkled on the very forgiving coconut and edible glitter. He was very surprised!! Whew!! Now, I'm ready for Christmas!!

1 comment:

Tammy W said...

Dear Peg,
I thought of you this weekend. I am happy to hear the party went well. It looks like it was the party of the year!

I also thought of you when I went to see Charlotte's Web. It was wonderful. I t hink your kiddos would love it too!
Lovely Pic.s! :)
Tammy