December 28, 2006

Petite Putty Tat

Here is a wee kitty that I needled felted from alpaca wool. She's just the tiniest little thing, measuring about 2 inches long and 1 inch high. I used green glass beads for the eyes as well as the collar. Her tail is curling around the other side of her.

This is the wool as I was washing it. Alpaca is so easy to work with, as you don't have to contend with lanolin - and it's super soft. No scratchiness that you may have with sheep wool. The last photo is when it is dry - but before being carded. OH - after I took the photos I remembered to add whiskers - tiny pieces of fishing line!




3 comments:

Tammy W said...

Peg,
This just the cutest little thing! oH, i LOVE it! You are so good!Tammy

Aimee said...

What a cutie... can you point me in the direction of how to do things like these... TFS

Anonymous said...

What a little tiny sweet thing she is. Just love it. Barb sent me your needle felting is just adorable. hugs Cat from Needle Notes.