December 14, 2006

YoooooHooooo!!!!

Yes, this is another product review for the German made UHU adhesives! UHU was kind enough to send 2 types of their adhesive for me to try. I was sent the glue stick and glue roller. I have used them on several projects this week. Today I will showcase an accordion card file that I made.

I used various papers, including bazzill - which I figured would be one of the toughest to test this glue out on. I was a bit unsure of using a glue stick. It's been years since I've used one on a project. In the end I was surprisingly pleased with the results. I used it to apply paper to the large areas - and it didn't buckle, and dried smooth.

As for the tape roller. I loved the ease in which it dispensed. It was effortless!! There wasn't any problem going around curves either. So far everything that I used it on is staying!

Here you can see the accordion folds - I used the roller to adhere each "folder". I applied eyelets and ran a ribbon through each "folder" so that it can be easily expanded.
All in all I was pleasantly surprised at how well UHU performed!!

2 comments:

Tammy W said...

Oh, Peg - I absolutely LOVE this one. Any change that you might do a tutorial in it? LIke, how do you figure out how wide the bottome will be and so on?

Have you tried the adhesives on cloth?

Tammy

Unknown said...

I agree if you did a tutorial, I'd definately do this project. Its really beautiful!

-Ginna